Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jacob's 8th post part one

Let's start this post on play reviews. The Comedy of Errors is a Shakespeare play I saw with the Susquehanna students. It's about these two sets of twins that were separated at birth, but then collide in the same city without the knowledge that the other twin exists, and anytime one of them gets angry, some thing happens to the wrong twin. This play involves a servant, marriage, divorce,  marriage to the servant's master and ex-wife, a chain, brain damage, pursuit, and exclusive to the modern version, scooters. My rating: 3 1\2 stars out of five.


Les Miserables is an absolute classic, if you haven't seen it: see it, or you'll regret it. It has many side stories to it, but the main one is a prisoner (Jean Valjean) who got out of prison, but Javert, a guard is still going after him. In the production we saw, we had at least 2 understudies and I thought they were both amazing. (especially the one for Eponine) My rating: 5 stars.


Wicked is a musical about how Elphaba became the Wicked Witch of the West, how Galinda became Glinda the Good, and how The Wizard of Oz came to be. (please note there is a dragon who roars at certain parts of the musical and the flying monkeys are weird looking, not to mention scary for littler kids) My rating: 4 stars.

Finally, we have Matilda the Musical, a Roald Dahl classic put into theatre. I'm not going to tell you any thing about it, except that it's good, and I don't suggest listening to any of the songs before hand except When I Grow Up. My rating: 5 stars.

Well, that's it for right now, keep posted for part 2.

No comments: