Thursday, January 26, 2012

Update



Thursday:
A tour of Fuller's Brewery.  London's Pride is their biggest beer, but they sell other brands.  I think it was OK, but I preferred the tour I got in the US at Yingling.  Definitely the worst of the tours I've had this term.  That being said, that's more because all the tours have been so outstanding, not that this was bad.


Friday:
We had a quick visit to the National Gallery in the morning, which was quite amazing.  I'm not a huge art buff by any means, but these paintings were pretty cool amazing and the gallery does a good job of describing each painting in a plaque nearby.  As far as the kids interest - Allison loved it.  Jacob and Zeke endured without complaining.  When I say without complaining, I mean only some complaining.  OK, so they complained a lot, but they got over it.

Saturday:
The kids had their drama classes in the morning.  Amanda and I then had a sitter and went to Jersey Boys.  I'll leave the commentary on the show to her, but I thought it was great but I doubt I'll go again.  The kids loved their sitters, which is always good.

Sunday:
The whole family went to the Lion King.  All the kids loved it (parents liked it too). Jacob was interested when he read their looking for kids between 8-12 to play Simba.  After watching the show he was a bit disappointed thinking he might be "too white" for the part.

Monday:
An afternoon walk down Oxford Street, which is (according to Heather D.) the longest street of shops in Europe.  We went into the bookstore, Waterstones, which was really neat for all and also went to Farley's toy store again.

Tuesday:
I worked most of the day - nothing too fun.

Wednesday: 
I worked from home in the morning, but then in the afternoon, my work consisted of having to go to two plays with the program.  Noises Off was the night play and it was funny.  The first one, however, was the best play I've ever seen - One Man, Two Guvnors.  There was a bit of improv and our crowd was a bit rambunctious. This included an upper deck person throwing unwrapped twix bars on stage.  This was not planned, but the main character rolled with it well. (He noted he asked for a sandwich and then noted he was in 1963 and wondering if that was really around then.  The crowd was really into it.)

Thursday:
An Olympics tour - the others have posted about that.

No pictures here - see the other posts.

All for now

No comments: